Thursday, June 9, 2011

145 Days Left: House Guests

Last night I did something for the first time in my life. I hosted my parents overnight at my home.

I have had them over to different apartments I have owned, but I have never had them both spend the night. The primary reason for this is before my current living situation they would have never fit. Lucky for them, and for us once impending addition arrives, Melissa and I moved in December to a slightly more spacious dwelling.

The other lucky for me... is that Melissa is the hostess with the mostess. She had the place looking great before she went off to work, which was good because my parents beat me home (they got a key from my sister).

Mo and Coach (my parents) where in town to see my 24-day-old niece. They decided to stay with us for a night so that there wouldn't be too many guests at my sister's, and it was really a pleasure to have them. My dad cooked a great pork roast, and my mother and I enjoyed some great wine. We chatted for a bit after dinner on the couch. I started falling asleep.

I am not sure what it is these days, but I am exhausted all the time. I am tired when I wake up, when I go to bed, and most of the day in-between. Coffee doesn't fix it. I can't find enough time to catch up on sleep.

What worries me is that I don't even have a hungry baby here yet.

I have told myself I need to focus on earlier bed times, but with the wife and I both getting home around 9ish every night, it is just tough to eat and get everything done "early".

No comments:

Post a Comment